Lenny Kravitz, Strut - ALBUM REVIEW

0


Today I'm going to do Lenny Kravitz, Strut album review. I wasn't a big fan of Black and White America, the previous Lenny album but it had one or two song that I really liked. So I was a little skeptical when Strut coming out, but overall it is actually a good album.

The album is quite wellvarid and got some songs that have 70s and 80 vibes and we have heard that from Lenny's other albums. So i'm just going through track by track and tell you my thoughts.

1. SEX

This is one of the tracks that he put on the internet before the album came out. This is actually a pretty good track and a great ay to start the album.

2. THE CHAMBER

The next song is the lead single of the album and he performed The Chamber on America's Got Talent last few weeks. It took me a little longer before I started liking the song. It's got this really great bass line to it, which is the most memorable part of the song. The lyrics are a little repetitive and there's really not much going on with the drums. 

3. DIRTY WHITE BOOTS

Dirty White Boots got a really cool drum beat throughout the song. It's sort of the same drum beat that's played throughout the whole song. There's also some really cool guitar work and the harmonies are really good too. I think it can't be stated enough that Lenny's guitarist Craig Ross I think is one of the most underrated guitarists in the business. 



4. NEW YORK CITY

This track is pretty much a homage to New York City. It kind of reminds me of the song that Jay Z and Alicia Keys did but Lenny made it more funky kind of vibe to it and don't be surprised if you start seeing this song in tourism ads in NYC. 

5. PLEASURE AND PAIN

Another song is called Pleasure and Pain, overall it's an 'okay' song with interesting horn section.

6. STRUT

My favorite song on the whole album is Strut, which is also the name of the album. The lyrics are really good and I think that this single should have been lead single released of the album. That being said, it will probably be the second or third single.

SHE'S A BEAST

7. The next song after that is called She's a Beast. It is more chilled, more relaxed kind a song. The first half of the album is much more up-tempo music, and the second half of it is more chilled.

8. FRANKENSTEIN

The next song is called Frankenstein and the thing that is really interesting about this song is, it has Red Hot Chili Peppers vibe.  

9. I'M A BELIEVER

I keep saying there's always comparisons to other songs. You can tell this album is been inspired by a number of different bands whether Zepplin, Red Hot Chili Peppers. The song I'm A Believer reminds me of Footloose by Kenny Loggins if you've ever hear of that song 


10. HAPY BIRTHDAY 

I'm not sure what is with top singers with birthday songs. We've got Katy Perry, The Beatles and now Lenny Kravitz is doing a birthday song.  As an instrumental track it's really great, but I just found the lyrics were a little silly and not as good as the rest of the album.   

11. I NEVER WANT TO LET YOU DOWN








And the last song is called I never Want to Let You Down. It's a really good song. It's got some really great horns on it and you know that summarizes my review of Strut.

 I thought it was a great album. I'd probably give it 4/5 stars. To me it was so much better than Black and White America. 


Previous post:  Coldplay - Ghost Stories ALBUM REVIEW

 

Post a Comment

0Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)
To Top